The following area is designed as a national resource to support specialized cardiovascular nursing practice. CCCN aims to develop and sustain a current and evidence-informed repository of resources that will add value to CCCN’s membership.
The following Clinical Practice Resource pages have been developed as follows:
- Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
- Targeted Temperature Management (TTM)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI aka TAVR)
- 12 Lead ECG
- Shock Management
Resources available include but are not limited to:
- Nursing & Patient education materials
- Select articles
- Links to appropriate guidelines
- Presentations (e.g. CCCN scientific sessions)
- Links to other helpful websites/resources.
These resources areas are available to members only.
Not a member, join now by clicking here.
The Med-HF App is a free app that supports healthcare professionals in the initiation, titration, assessment and monitoring of 6 drug classes commonly used to treat heart failure: ACEIs/ARBs, Beta-Blockers, MRA: Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonist, ARNI: Angiotensin Receptor Blocker / Neprilysin Inhibitor, Ivabradine, Diuretics. This App interactively walks healthcare professionals through evidence-based algorithms, specific to these 6 drug classes, and recommends appropriate actions and considerations based on 2018 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Heart Failure Guidelines.
- Recommendations for medication initiation, titration, assessment and monitoring
- Dosing information
- Clinical pearls
- General approach and drug class algorithms
It can be downloaded from the App Store at: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/med-hf/id559909558
If you are a member and are have trouble accessing these areas, or you cannot recall your login and password, please contact the National Office by clicking here.